Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Hallway

With all of the talk in my last post about the second floor hallway, I figured it was high time that I share pictures of this area with you.

While looking at the photos please keep in mind that I'm still in the 'design' stages of creating the hallway.  Neither the stairs or the majority of interior walls on the second floor are glued in at this point.  At this phase of the build you are apt to see gaps, a few rough edges, and perhaps even a crooked wall or two.  Pay these no mind.  There's nothing here that a L-square, a bit of spackle, touch of glue and a coat or two of primer can't fix.

Here's a peek through the bathroom door.  This view shows where the stairs come up from the first floor:




Here's a peek from the doorway of the little girl's room.  Her room looks across the hall to the doorway of the room that leads to the third floor:



And my favorite view of the hallway so far is the one that looks towards the bathroom.  It doesn't look like much right now, but I'm picturing it in my mind all wallpapered & decorated:



I still need to fill in some extra space around the stair opening and then sand some rough wall edges in the hall, glue some walls in so they are stationary & prime the entire second floor - but I think I'm close to being able to wallpaper the hallway, which has me both excited and nervous at the same time!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment